Wednesday 2 January 2008

Saying goodbye to 07, and hello to 08!

Happy New Year from Chase, Amy, Corah and Madeleine (who has gotten the marine face down to a tee!!)

Ok, so it's a new year. Just thought I'd reflect back on the year that's already been. Probably the best year of my life, though it could so easily have gone other ways. This time last year we were still oblivious to the fact there were 2 babies inside me - and also coming to terms with the fact Chase would be on a 6 month deployment, unsure of whether he would make it home for the birth. I then found out I had two babies... twins. I was scared and unsure of everything, how I would manage a twin pregnancy without him here.

But we did it, we managed it. Chase came home on 6th July, and came straight to me in hospital (they ended up discharing me within two more days anyway!)... and was with me when Corah and Madeleine were delivered on the 17th. I thank God everyday for giving me two such beautiful and angelic children, who were patient enough to wait inside Mommy until 37w 2d (pretty darn good for twins!!). They are coming along so well, due to their problems at the start. 4lb 8oz Corah spent 3 weeks in the NICU and now has to attend physio for problems in her neck - she has IUGR, I had a partial placenta abruption and she was born with the cord in tangles round her neck. Madeleine was 4lb 10oz, also IUGR, she was small, but healthy. They amazed me from day one, and now I have two chunky monkeys to contend with! They really are the most adorable children.

I cannot wait until late January my Mommy and other members of the family are coming up for the girls' baptism! I am so excited to see them all again and also to get the girls baptised :D

Ok, here are some prof. pictures we done on the 27th, I think they turned out pretty well, and I added on a darling siggy my friend Sarah (thank you sweetie!), made at the end. Isn't it amazing?





I can't wait until this new year! I feel like I can now take on any challenge. People said I wasn't ready for 1 baby, and I hope I have proved them wrong! God has given us the strength to perhaps overcome the immature ways we once had, and being a Mom has been the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I cannot wait for a new year with my beautiful family. Seeing my girls attempt new things, hopefully learn to walk, say Momma for the first time.... seeing them smile and hearing their laugh ever day, makes my life worthwhile.

Amy x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie! Give kisses to those princesses from me... I miss you! I'm so sorry we can't get up with Mom next month but we both have work, I'm super sad I'm not gonna get to see them! But I was thinking we can maybe get up to see yall March IF you're not planning a trip up here anytime soon.. understand if you dont want to travel with both of them so young still! They are soo beautiful just like you! You are right Madeleine is JUST like Chase.. Corah is very like you!! Kisses, Claire