Monday 18 February 2008

My little fighter.

After having Corah at her physio on Friday, I just wanted to reflect on her. How much of a fighter she is, she truly is amazing. Every new little thing EITHER of the girls does amazes me, but the things that Corah came through I don't think I truly appreciated until I look back now and realize how great she came through them all.


This was her barely a day old. She had trouble breathing, after having placenta previa affect her placenta, IUGR and cord problems. She was 4lb 8oz, though perfect. She spent over 3 weeks in the NICU, while her sister was at home with us for most of those.

That part for me was the hardest. Harder than any part of the pregnancy, having one baby at home and the other at hospital. I longer for them to be together, but obviously Corah couldn't come home and Madeleine couldn't come to the hospital.

But she did return home. Ever since then she has been doing great. She was 3 weeks of growing behind her sister but she just loves copying her and beating her to the milestones. LOL. She won't learn to sit up / crawl / walk as fast as Madeleine will, but she will cross that when she needs to. Her neck is still problematic but we hope it will not have any long term effects for her. You would not recognize that little fragile, sick looking baby today. She is a happy, healthy 7 month old, as are both our girls.

Here is a new picture for me to show off, they just love being naked!


Maddie is always quite the expert at looking straight into the camera, Corah not so much!

Amy xx



1 comment:

Alissa said...

As a friend in cyberspace, I'm so proud of you and your girls!!

(Alissa from Bumblebees)