Thursday 27 December 2007

Life as a Mom of twins.

What's it like having twins?

Two of this and two of that. Two of everything else!

People often ask me, "How do you cope?" Is this a "correct" answer to this sort of question? I just do. I'm not a perfect Mom, but I don't think many people are. But I try my best. When they are both screaming their head off and I don't know which one to go to first - of course it's hard. But when they are both sitting there smiling, playing with each other, holding hands... laughing together, it makes my job so easy.

Sure, I have my fair share of ignorant Mom in the mall comments. "Are they twins?" "Are the identical?" "They must be identical" "Double trouble I'm sure" "How do you tell them apart?" and all the obvious questions. But these people don't know any better.... if they did I'm sure they wouldn't ask the questions!

Corah and Madeleine are 5 months old now, and time just goes in too quickly. It makes me sad to think they are both growing up so quickly, but I feel so blessed to be a Mom of two beautiful little girls. Every night I kiss each of them and feel so eternally blessed, because God has given me this chance to be a Mommy in this way.

No comments: